Total qualification time
Operation start date
13 June 2017
This qualification is part of Certa Awards nationally recognised Community Organising suite.
The suite prepares learners to develop their effectiveness in the application of the principles and practice of community organising by giving a foundation of knowledge and skills. The suite also provides an understanding of the values, principles and processes of community organising along with an introduction to some of the underlying theories which inform community organising practice.
- Units covered in this qualification include:
- The Practice of Community Organising
- Community Organising Purpose, Values and Principles
- The Process of Community Organising
- Mapping Community Assets and Needs
- Analysing Power and Influence in Community Organising
- Reflective Practice
- Interaction Skills with Individuals
- Community Organising with Groups of People
- Understanding and Affecting Decision Making Processes.
Learners will have the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge required to activate communities through listening and dialogue.
Adaption to Delivery/Assessments under the Extended Extraordinary Regulatory Framework (‘EERF’):
Centres may apply for adaptions on a case by case basis, by completing a variation to assessment request form. All assessment criteria must be completed in full. Special Considerations cannot be used on a whole-cohort basis in lieu of adaptions.