Total qualification time
Operation start date
1 July 2008
This qualification offers a flexible bank of units that provides an overview of potential occupations and job roles within the sector. It provides learners with specialist and transferable skills, engages them with current industry practice, and prepares them to progress onto further qualifications or employment within the motor vehicle industry. Learners will complete this qualification with a concrete understanding of the following:
- health and safety for motor vehicle studies.
Optional units, including:
- introduction to vehicle ignition systems
- introduction to vehicle valeting
- introduction to motorcycle maintenance.
Adaption to Delivery/Assessments under the Extended Extraordinary Regulatory Framework (‘EERF’):
Centres may apply for adaptions on a case by case basis, by completing a variation to assessment request form. All assessment criteria must be completed in full. Special Considerations cannot be used on a whole-cohort basis in lieu of adaptions. Practical tasks cannot be replaced with theoretical activities, therefore Centres are advised to ‘front-load’ practical assessments where this is possible.
Previously approved adaptions in this sector include:
- Witness testimonies coupled with professional discussion and learner accounts, based on tasks undertaken earlier in the course.
- Common tasks cross referenced from evidenced produced for other units.