Total qualification time
Operation start date
1 August 2013
The Certa Level 2 Award in Preparation for Work in Community Interpreting is a nationally recognised qualification designed to provide learners with underpinning knowledge, skills and techniques in community interpreting.
This qualification is for learners who are interested in community interpreting work in a voluntary or paid capacity within a range of settings, including housing, education, social care, welfare benefits, immigration and health and who:
- wish to gain knowledge and skills of community interpreting including the role of codes of practice
- wish to learn about the settings where interpreters may be required to work
- do not feel ready or able to commit to a longer qualification
Learners will be able to put interpreting skills into practice in a community setting.
Adaption to Delivery/Assessments under the Extended Extraordinary Regulatory Framework (‘EERF’):
Centres may apply for adaptions on a case by case basis, by completing a variation to assessment request form. All assessment criteria must be completed in full. Special Considerations cannot be used on a whole-cohort basis in lieu of adaptions.
Previously approved adaptions in this sector include:
- Reading and Writing assessments completed remotely, invigilated by video conferencing software, with assessment papers issued and returned during the call.
- Speaking and Listening assessments completed remotely using video conferencing software.