Pass or Distinction only
The textile care industry encompasses commercial laundry and dry/wet cleaning. Textile care operatives operate in an increasingly high-technology-based environment, with typical duties including:
- Sorting and identifying incoming products
- Rectifying basic machinery faults
- Classifying products for appropriate cleaning processes
- Using appropriate chemicals to undertake the cleaning process
- Drying and finishing products in line with company quality procedures
Apprentices will need to achieve Level 1 English and Mathematics, and must attempt the tests for Level 2 English and Mathematics prior to undertaking their end-point assessment.
The apprentice will be assessed against the Textile Care Operative Assessment Plan requirements. The two methods of assessment are:
- Knowledge test
- Practical skills assessment
For further information on registering your apprentices on this end-point assessment, contact our team by email or by calling 0115 854 1321.