Total qualification time
Operation start date
1 June 2011
This comprehensive qualification forms the knowledge component of the IMI SSC Apprenticeship framework. It is based upon IMI Sector Skills Councils National Occupational Standards for Learners will complete this qualification with a concrete understanding of the following:
- Health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices
- Routine light vehicle maintenance, including removing and replacing units and components
- Optional units include: Overhauling transmission units and Overhauling steering and suspension Units
Adaption to Delivery/Assessments under the Extended Extraordinary Regulatory Framework ‘EERF’:
Centres may apply for adaptions on a case by case basis, by completing a variation to assessment request form. All assessment criteria must be completed in full. Special Considerations cannot be used on a whole-cohort basis in lieu of adaptions. Practical tasks cannot be replaced with theoretical activities, therefore Centres are advised to ‘front-load’ practical assessments where this is possible.
Previously approved adaptions in this sector include:
- Witness testimonies coupled with professional discussion and learner accounts, based on tasks undertaken earlier in the course.
- Common tasks cross referenced from evidenced produced for other units.