Total qualification time
Operation start date
13 June 2017
This qualification is part of Certa Awards nationally recognised Community Organising suite.
The suite prepares learners to develop their effectiveness in the application of the principles and practice of community organising by giving a foundation of knowledge and skills. It also provides an understanding of the values, principles and processes of community organising along with an introduction to some of the underlying theories which inform community organising practice.
Units covered in this qualification include:
- Community Organising Practice
- Purpose and Principles of Community Organising
- The Community Organising Process
- Defining Community Assets and Needs
- Understand Power and Influence in Community Organising
- Developing Reflective Practice
Learners will have the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge required to activate communities through listening and dialogue.